Born in St. John's and educated at our Lady of Mercy and Holy Heart of Mary High School respectively.
Below is a short biography.
- Trinity College of London, certification in piano and voice
- Sang with choral, jazz, and church choirs
- Kiwanis Music Festival recipient of the Gerald S. Doyle award
- Performed in Musical Theatre while completing B.A. English/History conjoint major at MUN
- Harmony Inc. member since 1991
- 17 year Director of NFS [13+ years as mainline, 4 years as assistant]
- Numerous positions at chapter and area levels, including choreographer, section leader, AC&C Chair Area 1, Fun Night Creative Coordinator.
- Regularly Attended HITS and Harmony Homecoming [precurser to Barbershop University]
- Baritone of ACCENT quartet, Area 1 Champions in 2004 and 2006 [first and only Nfld. winners of this award]
- Three time recipient of the Don Regan Memorial Award [given to the Area 1 director who's chorus improved most in score from previous year]
- Vocal and stage presence coach for the Anchormen Chorus for over 6+ years
- L.A.B.B.S. Trophy, [Harmony Inc.] awarded to Newfound Sound, Anita Power Taylor, director
- First and only time a barbershop chorus competed at St. John's Kiwanis Rosebowl Competition placing third
- As director of Newfound Sound Chorus winner of the Art Noseworthy Award, placing 2nd in the National Kiwanis competition winning the City of Lincoln Award